1. MOVE BEFORE YA SIT
What’s better than a peaceful drive filled with brainstorming, books on Audible, and the cutest copilots ever (aka Kenna & Daisy)? Feeling GOOD with minimal stiff joints and a happy gut.
2. TRAVEL BESTIES
- Big (reusable, no plastic plz) water bottle - like that trendy af Yeti Rambler
- UVA blocking sunglasses
- Lumbar support
- Essential oil car diffuser - Aura Cacia makes a good one, lemongrass + peppermint keeps me fresh
- Facial toner spray - I love the Insta Natural Vitamin C toner
- Audible- HOW anyone could hit a road trip without a book is beyond me. If you’ve got something as good as The Red Sparrow, Legend of Paksenarrion or Lightbringer series I’m all ears.
3. FAVORITE FOODS
How to keep me from falling face first in a bag of gummy bears? Pack REAL food that I enjoy.
- Smoothie (ALL the veggies + fats like avocados - frozen sweet potatoes are awesome, too!)
- Turkey/Lettuce Roll-ups (Turkey+bell peppers+avocado+salt and pepper in lettuce)
- Sandwich (Canyon Bakehouse bread+turkey+Primal mayo+lettuce+baby belle cheese....and a PB&J. Duh)
- Easy grab snacks
— Powder protein (I like SFH)
— Greens powder (poop. every. day. people.)
— Jerky (quality options abound these days, look for minimal ingredients)
— Nuts (avoid salted&roasted unless wanna go HAM; personally love Brazil & macadamia nuts)
— Greek yogurt (I pack in my own glass Tupperware w/ almond butter and fresh berries)
4. LAST NOTE: STOP EVERY 2-3 HOURS
Don’t be afraid to stop often to get your blood moving (the contraindications of sitting in excess of 3 hours are blerg).