Imma be real with you because I get it – I know journaling is yet another one of those practices we’ve started and stopped a gazillion times and can’t seem to stick with. I’ve been there, too. And I’ve found it usually comes down to two main limitations:
1. We suck at consistency and don’t do it long enough to form a habit.
2. We make it WAY harder than it needs to be.
We KNOW journaling is a powerful habit that successful people have in common. Who doesn’t want to optimize their creativity, accomplish their goals, improve recovery, clear emotions and heighten gratitude??
I’m here to tell ya, you can reap all of those insane benefits from a mere 2-5 minute daily practice. Let me show you how.
1. SET THE SCENE
2. CHOOSE YOUR STRATEGY
The 3:1:1 Tactical
This is my personal daily practice and the strategy I recommend to all beginners.
3. List 3 things you’re grateful for OR 3 things you’re happy/excited about.
1. Write 1 thing you want to accomplish today.
1. Write 1 way you will take care of yourself today (ex. eat 3 kickass meals, meditate for 10min).
3-minute Brain Dump
Write everything that comes to mind - to do lists, plans for the future, worries, reflections of the day. This is particularly helpful before bed for those with anxiety.
Bookend Practice – AM & PM Journaling
AM – Complete the 3:1:1 Tactical
PM – Ask…
All of these strategies have the capability to alter your life in positive ways. My hope is that you will choose the simplest strategy that speaks to you and see what can happen after only 20 days of daily entries.
NOW, ALL YA GOTTA DO IS START!