If you dread going to bed - wondering if you're going to be able to fall asleep or if you're just gonna lie there, stressing about not being able to sleep the longer you stay awake - it’s time to take your bedtime back!
START LOVING BEDTIME IN 5 STEPS
STEP 1: Pimp Yo Bedroom Checklist
- Darkness = Total cave darkness
- Electronics = None, nada, zip. Set up a charging station for your phone out of reach
- Temperature - Ideally 60-66deg (#TexasSummersFML)
- Surfaces = Clear and clutter-free, let's Feng shui my fam
- Air purifier = Better air quality, better breathing, better sleep (I said that like Papa John's slogan in my head)
- Aromatherapy = Get bougie with that lavender, jasmine, vanilla @snow.lotus
- Mood lighting = Salt lamps in bedroom and bathroom
STEP 2: Set A Start Time
If you really wanna experience magic, get more consistent weekdays thru weekends. Back up your start time no more than 20-30 minutes at a time or you'll be lying in bed cursing me.
STEP 3: The Essentials
- Dim lights starting after sunset
- Pack the next day's food
- Lay out clothes for next day
- Big glass of water on nightstand for AM
STEP 4: Pick Your PM Anchors (1-2 at most to start)
- Movement = Pick 2-3 movements that include hips & back
- Meditate = @sbtbreathe and Insight Timer for guided or simply create a quiet space to clear your thoughts of the daily accumulation of clutter
- 3:1:1 Journal = 3 Wins + how you recovered that day + how will you be bettah tomorrow
- Brain dump = 2-3min of to do lists, worries, thoughts
STEP 5 : Put It All Together
Don’t expect overnight progress, but I PROMISE it’s worth the wait.