Turns out, pandemic or not, a lot of us are still struggling with the fundamentals (this isn’t a bad thing, it’s just reality!) So I've created some straightforward systems for you to start implementing TUH-DAYY.
Now a couple notes...
- OF COURSE these are simplified. But if you aren't nailing the sh*t out of the system associated with your struggle, start doing that, then @ me for more.
- If you’re not feeling hungry for breakfast (and you’re struggling with energy or overall intake) you may need to take note, but IGNORE your cues for a bit. It's normal for your body to adapt to what it gets. If you tend to skip brekkie, then you won't feel as hungry. It’s easier than you think to re-train your body. Be consistent and patient!
- I could have put "implement meal planning system" for pretty much all the nutrition struggles. In the interest of variation, I didn't. But yeah, if you don't even know what your meal planning system is, check out my other posts for meal planning tips.
Straight up I’m giving you my recipes for Brekkie Casserole and Super Smoothie. Don't snooze on frozen sweet potatoes in that smoothie, fam. You can thank me later.
Nutrition Stressors and Matching Systems
- No time for breakfast
- Batch prep a casserole or smoothie
- Inadequate protein
- Include full serving in every meal
- Skipping meals
- Create repeating reminder in schedule
- Eating out too much
- Incorporate 1-3 meals out in your meal plan
- Losing it on weekends
- Plan and prep 4 meals on Friday and stick to meal schedule
- 1-2 cups chopped veggies (red bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc)
- 8 oz ground meat (turkey or beef) OR 3-4 links of chicken sausage
- 400 g frozen, cooked sweet potato
- 8-10 eggs or egg whites
- spice mix
- Lightly oil casserole dish, so it doesn't stick.
- Brown meat, then add in mixed veggies and sweet potatoes. Cook until softened/browned.
- Dump mixture in dish.
- Mix eggs in separate contained then pour over that good good.
- Bake at 365deg for 30-45min.
- Once cooled, cut into servings (makes 5-6 for the average babe).
- Goes great with salsa, avocado, toast.
Blend all of this:
- 1-2 veggies of choice (see below)
- 3/4 cup of frozen sweet potato OR 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 avocado
- 6-8 oz milk (oat, almond, coconut, pea)
- 1 scoop protein powder
Don't knock it 'til you try it:
- Broccoli, sprouts, cucumber, red cabbage, cauliflower, zucchini, spinach, beets
Fav protein powders:
- Whey - SFH, Ascent, Honeybeard
- Vegan - Egg white or pea-based powders
Lifestyle Stressors and Matching Systems
- Poor focus and anxiety
- Delete social media while working
- Keep phone OUT of sight
- Always running late
- Add buffer time between appointments and add 15min to transit time
- Skipping workouts
- Schedule it
- Find a workout buddy
- DO SOMETHING FUN
- Snoozing in the AM
- Set a REALISTIC wake-up
- Expose to light
- Drink water right away
- Struggle falling asleep
- Dim lights after dinner
- Put phone to bed
- Box breathe during the day
Got any other system ideas? Going to try one of these?