Your eating habits are sabotaging your progress.
When was the last time you sat down, took a few deep breaths, stared at your food, felt gratitude, and then slowly savored and chewed every last bite - without watching tv or scrolling your phone? Or wolfing it down between meetings or on the way to an appointment?
Aren’t you tired of dealing with bloating, stomach discomfort and GI issues? Press pause on buying ANOTHER probiotic or supp for a sec, okay. This is STEP ONE.
Eating slowly will…
- Improve your digestion
- Improve your hydration levels
- Help you lose or maintain weight easier
- Decrease your hunger by increasing satiety
- Help your body extract essential nutrients
Eating like a 5-year old will lead to…
- Poor digestion
- Increased weight gain
- Less satiety
- Excretion of nutrients
Here are some effective practices you can start playing with today that will make you and your tum tum happy.
- Take 5 deep breaths at the start of each meal - this will prime your digestive system and help you get more parasympathetic.
- Take 2-3 breaths between bites or simply set your fork down.
- Chew your food until it's like oatmeal (yum!) – If food is not chewed adequately, undigested food particles stress our intestines and stomachs (plus we miss out on the full nutrients).
- Create an enjoyable environment - Good company, relax and smile
- Preplate your food and see everything you eat - this will help prevent scarfing down more than you want.
- Make overeating a hassle - If you struggle with mindless eating or binging, avoid keeping it in the house until you’ve worked through those.
- Create distraction-free eating environment – TV, phones, mindless scrolling are not your friend.
- Make comfort food more comforting – Don’t nix fav foods, just enjoy them in smaller amounts and MINDFULLY. Try pairing celebrations or good days with healthier options to associate comfort with them.