...and all but 2 are completely free!
Bookmark this post for the next time you feel like you’re struggling to clarify your thoughts, access your own wisdom, manage anxiety/stress or contribute fully to the world - those are signs that it's time to reset your boundaries and create SPACE.
Here are 10 ways to do just that:
- Put your phone to bed OUTSIDE of the bedroom (at minimum OFF your nightstand)
- Take an entire day off of social media every week (literally delete your apps or you'll find yourself on there before you realize it lol)
- Listen to instrumental music ("Beautiful Instrumentals" or "Chillhop" on Spotify are dope)
- Turn off the TV by 8:30p and opt for shows that are calming (like the Great British Baking Show, Rick Steves' Europe, nature documentaries, and Bob Ross - PBS passport is WELL worth the $5/month donation and you can now find Bob on Youtube)
- Create a sitting space for journaling, reading, meditating, whatever
- Box breathe before/after meals and when you sit down to work
- Start a jigsaw puzzle (an easy one!)
- Sit for 5-10minutes (just sit, don't worry about meditating or anything. Stare at a tree)
- Get outside, even if it's in doses of 5 minutes
- Consider supplementing with l-theanine, ashwaganda, or rhodiola (ask a coach/doc for specifics)
PSA: you do not need to do ALL 10 of those things lol. Most of my clients have 1-2 favorite practices that they lean into on the reg.
I've been experimenting with how to maintain a healthy relationship with social media while running a business for awhile, and it's something I've spoken on for years. TBD on whether it's possible long-term or as an audience grows - I'll keep you guys in the loop.
In the meantime, let’s take action tuhhhday.
Pick ONE or TWO things that sound most easy and simple to play with this week, so you can continue showing up where you're needed.
Which ones did you choose?