They’re comin’ for us, gang.
The juice cleanses, fat burning pills, 6-week detoxes…
Seasons of indulgence (like the holidays or should I say holi-weeks, amirite) make us vulnerable to the detoxification mindset.
Let me save ya some money and help make you invulnerable to the Jan 1st onslaught…
We CANNOT detoxify our bodies via pills, cleanses or products.
What we can do is SUPPORT our sophisticated & interconnected detoxification system which is made up of our…
- lymphatic system
- gastrointestinal system
- and liver (most importantly)
SO, HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED SOME DETOX SUPPORT?
- Brain fog
- Bad breath
- Digestion issues
- Chronic muscle or joint pain
- Skin issues: rashes, itching, acne
- Sensitivity to chemicals/scents
- Chronic fatigue or feeling run down
- Weight (fat) gain or inability to lose weight
- PMS, irregular cycles, infertility, hormone imbalances
- History of nausea, motion sickness, or morning sickness
WHAT CAN I DO?
- Hydrate consistently, filtered plz! 60% body weight to start. THIS IS #1
- Crush sleep - minimum 7 hours, up to 10 hours
- Prioritize whole, real foods & min 5 servings of veg/day
- Move, exercise & sweat
- Chill da heck out – schedule breathwork, meditation, stillness every damn day
- Chew, breathe & relax at mealtime (CRUCIAL)
- Dry brush
- Minimize caffeine consumption
- Avoid tobacco, high blood pressure, excessive use of pain relievers & NSAIDs
- Practice box/belly breathing
- Minimize exposure to man-made chemicals/toxins
- Glass storage
- Filtered water
- Check beauty products
- Natural cleaning products
- Avoid heating in plastic
- Avoid drinking out of plastic
- Avoid tight fitting clothes
- Practice good posture
- Properly address/process emotions via journal, reflect, meditate, etc
- Avoid binge or excessive drinking
Nothing beats proper sleep, nutritious food, stress management, hydration & regular movement. I hate to be a downer, but drinking some dandelion tea ain’t gonna balance crappy sleep.